ANZSCO ID 121214 - Wheat Farmer
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to grow grain, oilseed, protein and pasture crops.
Group 12 Farmers and Farm Managers
FARMERS AND FARM MANAGERS plan, organise, control, coordinate and perform farming operations in agricultural establishments to grow crops, and breed and raise livestock, and fish and other aquatic life.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- - planning and coordinating the operation of hatcheries and crop production
- - breeding and raising livestock and aquatic stock
- - monitoring and maintaining the health of stock
- - identifying and controlling environmental toxins, weeds, pests and diseases
- - organising and conducting farming operations such as maintaining buildings, water supply systems and equipment
- - managing business capital, monitoring market activity and planning production to meet contract requirements and market demand