Councillor, Aboriginal Land Council
ANZSCO CODE - 111399
|Major Group||1 - Managers|
|Sub-Major Group||11 - Chief Executives, General Managers and Legislators|
|Minor Group||111 - Chief Executives, General Managers and Legislators|
|Unit Group||1113 - Legislators|
Unit Group 1113: Legislators
Legislators represent the interests of people in constituencies as elected members of national, state and territory parliaments and local government authorities.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- developing national, state, territory or local government policy, and formulating, amending and repealing legislation and by-laws
- helping constituents with a range of problems particularly with regard to matters concerning government and local agencies
- investigating matters of concern to the public and to particular persons and groups
- introducing proposals for government action and representing public and electoral interests
- issuing policy directions to government departments and exercising control over local government authorities
- attending community functions and meetings of local groups to provide service to the community, gauge public opinion and provide information on government plans
- may serve as a member on parliamentary committees and inquiries
- may present petitions on behalf of concerned groups
Occupations in this unit group
- 111311 Local Government Legislator
- 111311 Mayor
- 111311 Community Board Member (NZ)
- 111311 Councillor
- 111311 Alderman
- 111312 Parliamentarian
- 111312 Government Minister
- 111312 Member of Parliament
- 111312 Member of the Legislative Assembly
- 111312 Member of the Legislative Council
- 111312 Premier
- 111312 Prime Minister
- 111312 Senator
- 111312 Chief Minister
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation