Computer Systems Technician
Unit Group 3131: ICT Support Technicians
ICT Support Technicians provide support for the deployment and maintenance of computer infrastructure and web technology and the diagnosis and resolution of technical problems.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- determining software and hardware requirements to provide solutions to problems
- responding to inquiries about software and hardware problems
- adapting existing programs to meet users’ requirements
- installing and downloading appropriate software
- ensuring efficient use of applications and equipment
- implementing computer networks
- designing and maintaining websites
- repairing and replacing peripheral equipment such as terminals, printers and modems
- may work in a call centre
Occupations in this unit group
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation