ANZSCO CODE - 312111
|Major Group||3 - Technicians and Trades Workers|
|Sub-Major Group||31 - Engineering, ICT and Science Technicians|
|Minor Group||312 - Building and Engineering Technicians|
|Unit Group||3121 - Architectural, Building and Surveying Technicians|
Unit Group 3121: Architectural, Building and Surveying Technicians
Architectural, Building and Surveying Technicians perform technical functions to assist Construction Managers, Architects and Surveyors by supervising and inspecting construction sites, estimating time, costs and resources, inspecting plumbing work, and collecting and evaluating survey data and preparing maps and plans.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- assisting Construction Managers, Architects and Surveyors in planning and organisation
- interpreting plans, regulations and codes of practice
- preparing preliminary sketches, working drawings and specifications
- preparing, editing and revising plans, maps, charts and drawings
- coordinating works programs
- inspecting work and materials for compliance with specifications, regulations and standards
- calculating costs and estimating time scales
- collecting data using surveying instruments and photogrammetric equipment
- performing routine computations and plotting preliminary data
Occupations in this unit group
- 312112 Building Construction Supervisor
- 312112 Clerk of Works
- 312112 Building Associate
- 312113 Electrical Installation Inspector
- 312113 Building Surveyor
- 312113 Building Certifier
- 312113 Building Inspector
- 312114 Building Estimator
- 312114 Construction Estimator
- 312115 Plumbing Inspector
- 312115 Sanitary Plumbing and Water Supply Inspector
- 312115 Gas Plumbing Inspector
- 312115 Drainage Inspector
- 312116 Photogrammetrist
- 312116 GIS Technician
- 312116 Surveying or Spatial Science Technician
- 312116 Aerial Survey Technician
- 312199 Energy Assessor
- 312199 Architectural, Building and Surveying Technicians nec
- 312199 Roof Truss Detailer
- 312199 Structural Steel Detailer
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation