Aquaculture or Fisheries Technician Jobs in Australia
Aquaculture or Fisheries Technician
ANZSCO CODE - 311114
|3 - Technicians and Trades Workers
|31 - Engineering, ICT and Science Technicians
|311 - Agricultural, Medical and Science Technicians
|3111 - Agricultural, Agritech and Aquaculture Technicians
Unit Group 3111: Agricultural, Agritech and Aquaculture Technicians
Agricultural, Agritech and Aquaculture Technicians perform tests and experiments, and provide technical support to assist Agricultural and Fisheries Scientists, Agronomists and Farmers in areas such as research, crop and animal health, production, servicing and marketing.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- examining topographical, physical and soil characteristics of farmland to determine its most effective use and identify nutrient deficiencies
- assisting in developing new methods of planting, fertilising, harvesting and processing crops to achieve optimum land usage
- identifying pathogenic micro-organisms and insects, parasites, fungi and weeds harmful to crops, livestock and aquatic stock, and assisting in devising methods of control
- examining environmental and other factors that influence the growth, health and production of aquatic stock
- analysing produce to set and maintain standards of quality
- monitoring livestock and aquatic stock to gauge the effectiveness of feed formulae
- assisting in controlled breeding experiments to develop improved crop, livestock and aquatic stock strains
- artificially inseminating livestock for breeding purposes
- providing advice on breeding selection and techniques
- providing advice, training and technical support and services on technology solutions such as sensors, farm management software, data and robotics
- installing, programming, testing, repairing and maintaining animal and crop health monitoring equipment
- developing, operating and maintaining complex technological systems and equipment used in farm production, including analysing data and preparing reports
- applying geospatial and other technology systems to support primary production such as automatic tractor guidance systems, variable rate chemical input applications and surveying equipment
- arranging the supply of drugs, vaccines and other chemicals to Farmers and Farm Managers, and giving advice on their use
- collecting and collating data for research and animal husbandry purposes
- may advise producers on farming techniques and management and production processes
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation