What this visa offers
The Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143) lets a parent of a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen move to Australia permanently.
- Move to or stay in Australia as a permanent resident
- Sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
- Have an eligible child who is a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, unless you are applying for the Retirement Pathway
- Meet the balance-of-family test, unless you are applying for the Retirement Pathway or hold a Subclass 173 visa
- Have an Assurance of Support, unless you are applying for the Retirement Pathway
- Not have already applied for or hold a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 870) visa when applying for this visa
- Meet the health and character requirements
- Have paid back any debt owed to the Australian Government
- Sign the Australian values statement
- Have adequate health insurance
- Meet the genuine temporary stay requirement
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused in Australia
Check your eligibility and apply for the Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143) with the help of our expert migration consultants. Simplify the process, meet the requirements, and benefit from our services, expertise, guidance, experience, and ongoing support.
You can apply for the Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143) as a retiree if:
- On 8 May 2018, you held or had previously held an Investor Retirement (subclass 405) visa or Retirement (subclass 410)
- You have not held any other substantive visa between 8 May 2018 and the date you applied for the Parent visa
If you apply for this visa as a retiree, you do not need to meet the balance of family test, have an assurance of support or a sponsor.
You must be sponsored by an eligible sponsor for this visa. Usually, you would be sponsored by an eligible child. If your child is under 18, you can be sponsored by an eligible relative or community organisation. We must approve the sponsorship.
You must meet the balance-of-family test. If you apply for this visa as a retiree, you do not need to meet the balance of family test. If you hold a Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173), you have already met the balance of family test.
What our customers say
Let’s hear their great stories
Jan 03, 2023
Professional and helped me get my visa to Australia
Dec 22, 2022
Thanks for your great support with my student visa application!
Feb 17, 2023
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation