What this visa offers
To be eligible for the Aged Dependent Relative visa (subclass 838), you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be inside Australia, but not in immigration clearance, when you apply for this visa and when the Australian Department of Home Affairs decide on your application
- You must be sponsored by your relative or your relative’s partner
- You must be old enough to receive the age pension in Australia
- You must have been dependent on your relatives in Australia for basic needs like food, shelter, and clothing for at least the last 3 years before you apply for the visa. You could be dependent on your relative due to disability that prevents you from working
- You must have no partner
- The visa you currently hold must not have a no further stay condition on it
- You must be able to obtain an assurance of support
- You and any family members who apply for the visa with you must meet our health and character requirements
- If you or any family members owe the Australian Government money, you or they must have paid it back or have an approved arrangement in place to pay it back
- You might not be eligible for this visa if you have had a visa cancelled or refused while you were in Australia.
Check your eligibility and apply for the Aged Dependent Relative visa (subclass 838) with the help of our expert migration consultants. Benefit from our services, expertise, guidance, experience, and ongoing support.
What our customers say
Let’s hear their great stories
Jan 03, 2023
Professional and helped me get my visa to Australia
Dec 22, 2022
Thanks for your great support with my student visa application!
Feb 17, 2023
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation