International students who have been accepted to study in an approved course are required to hold a Student Visa. The Australian education system offers a wide range of highly regarded and internationally recognised courses across all levels of education from primary to tertiary, English language and non-award courses.
Book a consultation with one of our migration agents to explore your visa options. During the consultation, we’ll be able to provide personalised advice based on your unique circumstances.
Student Visa Basic Requirements
To be eligible to apply for a Student Visa, applicants are required to:
- be enrolled in a registered program;
- have adequate English language ability;
- have financial means to support themselves; and
- have overseas student health insurance cover for the duration of their stay in Australia.
Applicants under the age of 18 must also demonstrate that they have:
- parental permission to study in Australia; and
- suitable arrangements for their accommodation, support and general welfare.
Student Visa Entitlements
An Australian Student Visa is a temporary visa valid for the duration of the proposed course of study. Successful applicants who meet the minimum age for employment (which differs in each State and Territory) may also be permitted to work in Australia.
GOVERNMENT FEES AND PROCESSING TIMES
|Partner Application Fee||AU$420.00|
|Dependents Application fee||Additional applicant over 18 is AU$420.00 Child under 18 is AU$140.00|
|Processing Times||3 to 6 months|