Sound Recordist Jobs in Australia
ANZSCO CODE - 399516
|3 - Technicians and Trades Workers
|39 - Other Technicians and Trades Workers
|399 - Miscellaneous Technicians and Trades Workers
|3995 - Performing Arts Technicians
Unit Group 3995: Performing Arts Technicians
Performing Arts Technicians provide technical and other assistance for the production, recording and broadcasting of artistic performances.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- operating microwave equipment to transmit video information to transmitter sites and receiving video signals from remote locations
- maintaining and repairing radio and television transmitters and associated equipment
- selecting and attaching equipment to cameras, positioning cameras, and following the action of scenes being photographed while adjusting controls
- positioning equipment, such as spotlights, floodlights and cables, and operating lights during filming, broadcasting and stage performances
- applying and retouching make up during shooting and performance, including special effects make up such as scars and wounds
- designing and making musical instruments and instrument parts using specially selected materials and techniques similar to those used in cabinetmaking, metal pipe making, silversmithing and wood carving, and tuning and repairing musical instruments
- setting up and adjusting equipment such as microphones, and operating sound mixing consoles and associated equipment to regulate volume and sound quality
- selecting and setting up television recording, editing and mixing equipment, and adjusting and monitoring their operation
Occupations in this unit group
- 399511 Broadcast Transmitter Operator
- 399512 Focus Puller (Film)
- 399512 Camera Operator (Film, Television or Video)
- 399513 Light Technician
- 399514 Make Up Artist
- 399515 Piano Tuner
- 399515 Musical Instrument Maker or Repairer
- 399517 Vision Mixer
- 399517 Television Equipment Operator
- 399599 Theatrical Dresser
- 399599 Continuity Person
- 399599 Microphone Boom Operator
- 399599 Performing Arts Road Manager
- 399599 Performing Arts Technicians nec
- 399599 Special Effects Person
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation