Unit Group 3126: Safety Inspectors
Safety Inspectors inspect machines, equipment, working conditions and public places to ensure compliance with government and industry standards and regulations, in relation to occupational health and safety.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- examining equipment specifications, and inspecting and testing machines, equipment and clothing to ensure compliance with safety standards and serviceability
- inspecting factories and other work sites to ensure compliance with government and industry standards and regulations
- observing workers to ensure protective devices are being utilised according to regulations and that combustible and other hazardous materials are used and stored in accordance with approved procedures
- conducting tests in work areas to detect toxic fumes, explosive gas-air mixtures and other work hazards
- ensuring fire prevention equipment and other safety supplies, such as first aid kits, stretchers and blankets, conform to standards
- assisting in conducting safety meetings and campaigns, and organising training in general safety principles in keeping with regulations
- advising organisations on ways to comply with occupational health and safety legislative requirements
- investigating incidents and fatalities, to determine causes and to collect evidence of non-compliance with occupational health and safety legislation
Occupations in this unit group
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation