ANZSCO CODE - 134211
|Major Group||1 - Managers|
|Sub-Major Group||13 - Specialist Managers|
|Minor Group||134 - Education, Health and Welfare Services Managers|
|Unit Group||1342 - Health and Welfare Services Managers|
Unit Group 1342: Health and Welfare Services Managers
Health and Welfare Services Managers plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the professional and administrative aspects of health and welfare programs and services. Nurse Managers are excluded from this unit group.
Nurse Managers are included in Unit Group 2543 Nurse Managers.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least five years of relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- providing overall direction and management for the service, facility, organisation or centre
- developing, implementing and monitoring procedures, policies and standards for medical, nursing, allied health and administrative staff
- coordinating and administering health and welfare programs and clinical services
- monitoring and evaluating resources devoted to health, welfare, recreation, housing, employment, training and other community facilities and centres
- controlling administrative operations such as budget planning, report preparation, expenditure on supplies, equipment and services
- liaising with other health and welfare providers, boards and funding bodies to discuss areas of health and welfare service cooperation and coordination
- advising government bodies about measures to improve health and welfare services and facilities
- representing the organisation in negotiations, and at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums
- controlling selection, training and supervision of staff
Occupations in this unit group
- 134212 Deputy Director of Nursing
- 134212 Executive Director of Nursing
- 134212 Director of Nursing
- 134212 Assistant Director of Nursing
- 134212 Senior Nurse Manager
- 134212 Nursing Clinical Director
- 134213 Primary Health Organisation Manager
- 134214 Welfare Project Manager
- 134214 Welfare Centre Manager
- 134299 Director of Physiotherapy Services
- 134299 Manager of Allied Health Services
- 134299 Disability Services Program Manager
- 134299 Director of Speech Pathology
- 134299 Director of Pharmacy
- 134299 Health and Welfare Services Managers nec
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation