Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- examining designs and specifications for jewellery and precious metal objects
- shaping moulded metal by cutting, filing, beating, turning and bending, using specialised hand and power tools
- assembling articles by soldering, screwing, riveting and otherwise joining
- securing precious stones in retaining prongs and ridges, and smoothing and checking final settings
- engraving designs on ring settings, brooches, bracelets and other articles
- repairing jewellery by soldering, replacing and rebuilding worn and broken parts
- appraising the quality and value of jewellery
- cutting and dividing stones to approximate final shape, using precision hand and power tools and jigs
- securing stones and shapes, cutting angles, smoothing and polishing
- finishing articles using files, emery paper and buffing machines
- restyling old jewellery
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation