ICT Support Engineer
Unit Group 2632: ICT Support and Test Engineers
ICT Support and Test Engineers develop procedures and strategies to support, create, maintain and manage technical quality assurance processes and guidelines and systems infrastructure, investigate, analyse and resolve system problems and performance issues, and test the behaviour, functionality and integrity of systems.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- scheduling and conducting quality audit inspections, and analysing and reviewing systems, data and documentation
- identifying variations and potential high risk areas in securing adherence to standards and procedures
- recommending corrective action plans and improvements in the resolution of non-compliance with standards detected through monitoring and auditing of processes and procedures
- communicating, educating and liaising with users and management to ensure awareness and adherence to standards, procedures and quality control issues and activities
- assisting in troubleshooting, diagnosing, testing and resolving system problems and issues
- developing, conducting and providing technical guidance and training in application software and operational procedures
- analysing, evaluating and diagnosing technical problems and issues such as installation, maintenance, repair, upgrade and configuration and troubleshooting of desktops, software, hardware, printers, Internet, email, databases, operating systems and security systems
- testing, identifying and diagnosing functionality errors and faults in systems, and programming code within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure systems perform to specification
- performing organisational systems architecture reviews and assessments, and recommending current and future hardware and software strategies and directions
- creating and reviewing technical documentation such as procedural, instructional and operational guides and manuals, technical reports and specifications and maintenance inventory systems
Occupations in this unit group
- 263211 Systems Auditor (ICT)
- 263211 Computer Systems Auditor
- 263211 Quality Specialist (ICT)
- 263211 Quality Manager (ICT)
- 263211 Quality Analyst (ICT)
- 263211 ICT Quality Assurance Engineer
- 263213 Systems Tester
- 263213 Test Analyst (ICT)
- 263213 ICT Systems Test Engineer
- 263299 ICT Support and Test Engineers nec
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation