French Polisher Jobs in Australia
ANZSCO CODE - 394211
|3 - Technicians and Trades Workers
|39 - Other Technicians and Trades Workers
|394 - Wood Trades Workers
|3942 - Wood Machinists and Other Wood Trades Workers
Unit Group 3942: Wood Machinists and Other Wood Trades Workers
Wood Machinists and Other Wood Trades Workers set up and operate woodworking machines and wood turning lathes to shape wood stock, finish and polish furniture, and make picture frames and frame paintings, photographs and other artwork.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- studying drawings, work orders and sample parts to determine specifications
- determining tooling and machine requirements and sequence of operations
- setting up woodworking machines and wood stock for correct cutting, planning, turning, shaping and sanding
- operating machines to cut, plane, turn, shape and sand work pieces
- removing old finishes by stripping with steel wool and glasspaper, and by applying solvents and paint strippers, and removing softened finishes by scraping
- applying varnish, shellac, lacquer, stains and paint to surfaces and polishing and waxing finished surfaces
- fitting and fastening frame pieces
- mounting backing materials and subjects for framing
Occupations in this unit group
- 394212 Picture Framer
- 394213 Automatic Profile Sander Operator
- 394213 Copy Lathe Operator
- 394213 Edge Bander Operator
- 394213 Jigmaker (Wood)
- 394213 Panel Saw Operator
- 394213 Sawmill Moulder Operator
- 394213 Woodworking Machine Setter
- 394213 Wood Machinist
- 394214 Wood Turner
- 394299 Cooper
- 394299 Wood Model Maker
- 394299 Wood Machinists and Other Wood Trades Workers nec
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation