Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- measuring areas to be covered and consulting plans to estimate quantities of floor covering materials required
- preparing surfaces by removing old floor coverings, paint and wallpaper, fixing woodwork, filling holes and cracks, smoothing and sealing surfaces, and removing baseboard trims
- measuring, cutting and fixing underlay materials
- laying underlay and covering materials on floors, matching patterns, cutting shapes around fixtures and trimming edges
- selecting and preparing paints to required colours by mixing portions of pigment, oil, thinning and drying additives
- applying paints, varnishes and stains to surfaces using brushes, rollers and sprays, and hanging wallpaper
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation