Costume Maker Jobs in Australia
ANZSCO CODE - 393213
|3 - Technicians and Trades Workers
|39 - Other Technicians and Trades Workers
|393 - Textile, Clothing and Footwear Trades Workers
|3932 - Clothing Trades Workers
Unit Group 3932: Clothing Trades Workers
Clothing Trades Workers prepare and cut garment patterns and fabric, and make and repair garments.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- conferring with customers to determine material, styles and designs of garments
- interpreting designs, sketches and samples to determine pattern specifications
- cutting out master patterns
- laying up and cutting fabric
- pinning, basting and draping garment parts
- sewing garments
- fitting basted garments on customers and marking areas requiring alteration
- sewing buttonholes, and sewing on buttons, hooks, eyes and press fasteners to finish garments
- pressing and finishing work
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation