Chemical Plant Operator
ANZSCO CODE - 399211
|Major Group||3 - Technicians and Trades Workers|
|Sub-Major Group||39 - Other Technicians and Trades Workers|
|Minor Group||399 - Miscellaneous Technicians and Trades Workers|
|Unit Group||3992 - Chemical, Gas, Petroleum and Power Generation Plant Operators|
Unit Group 3992: Chemical, Gas, Petroleum and Power Generation Plant Operators
Chemical, Gas, Petroleum and Power Generation Plant Operators control the operation of chemical production equipment, pump gas and oil from wellheads, refine and process petroleum products, and operate boilers, turbogenerators and associated plant to generate electrical power.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- controlling equipment performing continuous and batch processes to process chemicals and natural gas, manufacture refined petroleum products, and blend petroleum base stocks to produce commercial fuels, lubricating oils and asphalt
- controlling the preparation, measuring and feeding of raw material and processing agents such as catalysts and filtering media into plant
- patrolling and inspecting equipment to ensure proper operation and setting operating controls on equipment
- analysing samples and readings and recording test data
- controlling records of production, quantities transferred and details of blending and pumping operations
- checking equipment for malfunctions
- inspecting, repairing, servicing and maintaining equipment
- operating power generation plant controls to produce required load
- monitoring operation of power generation plant and interpreting instrument readings
- authorising procedures to isolate high-voltage and low-voltage electrical apparatus and plant
- writing reports and maintaining records on equipment performance, instrument readings and switching operations
- carrying out routine operating tests
Occupations in this unit group
- 399212 Oil, Gas and Pipe Tester
- 399212 Gas or Petroleum Operator
- 399212 Oil and Gas Well Treatment Operator
- 399212 Petroleum Terminal Plant Operator
- 399212 Petroleum and Gas Refining and Pumping Operator
- 399212 Gas Compressor Turbine Operator
- 399212 Refinery Pipeline Operator
- 399212 Petroleum Blending Plant Operator
- 399213 Wind Turbine Technician
- 399213 Power Generation Plant Operator
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation