Betting Agency Counter Clerk
Unit Group 5611: Betting Clerks
Betting Clerks take bets from customers at betting agencies, over the telephone and on course.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- taking bets and debiting credit accounts and bank accounts electronically, and receiving cash
- recording and entering bets electronically and in transaction ledgers
- issuing tickets and preparing summaries of transactions
- monitoring amounts of money placed on race entrants
- checking details and numbers on winning betting tickets against those in betting ledgers and electronic records, and paying out money on winning tickets
- verifying the identity and account balances of betting agency customers
- answering betting inquiries over the telephone, via email and in person
- may work in a call centre
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation