ANZSCO ID 561412 - Parcel Post Officer
Receives, sorts and despatches mail in a post office or postal sorting centre.
Group 56 Clerical and Office Support Workers
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- recording and entering bets, debiting credit and bank accounts electronically, and receiving cash
- sorting documents, mail and parcels, and delivering items to customers
- recording and updating information in record management systems
- interviewing people in surveys and market research to obtain information and their attitudes
- connecting, holding and transferring telephone calls, and providing telephone service information
- receiving advertising copy and entering text and other details
- reading meters