ANZSCO ID 541112 - Call or Contact Centre Operator
Answers customer telephone, Internet and email inquiries about goods and services, and promotes the goods and services.
Group 54 Inquiry Clerks and Receptionists
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3); or
AQF Certificate II or III, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3); or
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- answering customer inquiries for information about the organisation and the goods and services it offers
- resolving customer complaints and problems with goods and services provided
- recording information about inquiries and complaints
- greeting and welcoming visitors, and directing them to the appropriate person
- arranging and recording details of appointments
- answering, connecting and transferring telephone calls