ANZSCO ID 141911 - Bed and Breakfast Operator
Organises and controls the operations of a bed and breakfast to provide a short term, highly personalised accommodation and leisure service for guests including breakfast. Ensures guests' needs, wants and comfort are satisfied during their stay. Registration or licensing may be required.
Group 14 Hospitality, Retail and Service Managers
HOSPITALITY, RETAIL AND SERVICE MANAGERS organise and control the operations of establishments which provide accommodation, hospitality, retail and other services.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- - planning and organising special functions, sporting, gaming and entertainment activities and the range and mix of products, stock levels and service standards
- - promoting and selling goods and services
- - observing liquor, gaming, health and other laws and regulations
- - developing and reviewing policies, programs and procedures concerning customer relations and goods and services provided
- - promoting facilities, conferences, conventions and trade shows to potential customers
- - organising the purchase and maintenance of transport vehicles, equipment and fuel, and transporting goods
- - controlling the selection, training and supervision of staff
- - ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations