ANZSCO ID 334112 - Airconditioning and Mechanical Services Plumber
Installs, maintains and repairs piping, ducting and equipment for heating, cooling and ventilation of buildings or vessels. Registration or licensing is required.
Group 33 Construction Trades Workers
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- studying drawings and plans, and estimating quantities of materials required
- laying bricks and blocks, spreading mortar between joints, and removing excess mortar
- erecting frameworks, roof frames, roofs and walls
- laying flooring, carpets and tiles
- painting and wallpapering surfaces
- applying plaster and cement coatings to walls
- building and installing fittings
- making and installing glass products
- installing plumbing and drainage systems, guttering and other rainwater systems
- installing gas appliances and airconditioning piping and ducting