What this visa offers
To be eligible for the Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) – Exchange Arrangements, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have the skills and experience to exchange jobs with an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Intend to work in a skilled position as part of a reciprocal staff exchange arrangement with an eligible organisation in Australia
- Have a sponsor or a supporter, depending on your circumstances
- Benefit from the exchange arrangement, as it must be beneficial for both you and the Australian citizen or permanent resident taking part
- Be a genuine temporary entrant with a genuine intention to stay in Australia temporarily
- Have enough money to support yourself and any dependent family members who travel to Australia with you
- Meet our health and character requirements
- Have adequate health insurance for the whole of your stay in Australia
- Have paid back any debt to the Australian Government
- Sign the Australian values statement
- Declare that you have not paid for visa sponsorship
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
Check your eligibility and apply for the Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) – Exchange Arrangements with the help of our expert migration consultants. Simplify the process, and benefit from our services, expertise, guidance, experience, and ongoing support.
Sponsor or Supporter
You need a sponsor who is a temporary activities sponsor to apply for this visa if you apply in Australia or outside Australia and intend to stay for more than 3 months in Australia. However, if you apply outside Australia and intend to stay in Australia for less than 3 months, you don’t need a sponsor but must have a supporter who passes the support test.
Reciprocal Staff Exchange
You must intend to work in a skilled position as part of a reciprocal staff exchange arrangement with an eligible organisation in Australia. There must be a written agreement between your organisation and the organisation in Australia that sets out the staff in Australia and overseas who will take part in the exchange, the skilled positions to be filled by the participants, and how long the exchange will last. You must have the necessary skills and/or experience to perform the skilled position set out in the exchange agreement, and the exchange arrangement must benefit both you and the Australian citizen or permanent resident taking part.
What our customers say
Let’s hear their great stories
Jan 03, 2023
Professional and helped me get my visa to Australia
Dec 22, 2022
Thanks for your great support with my student visa application!
Feb 17, 2023
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation