Wood and Wood Products Labourer
Unit Group 8394: Timber and Wood Process Workers
Timber and Wood Process Workers perform routine tasks in paper and pulp mills, sawmills, timber yards, and wood processing and timber products factories.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification
- rolling logs from trucks and conveyors to log decks, saw carriages and stacking bays
- placing logs and wood billets onto conveyors and lathes for processing into chips, veneers and pulp
- sorting and stacking timber during milling
- placing timber for processing by machines and unloading cut timber from tail end of machines
- assisting with setting up and operating plant and ancillary equipment used in the manufacture of sheets and boards
- transporting processed wood products, such as plywood, chipboard sheets and panels, to work areas
- clearing blockages in machines
- assisting with measuring and cutting materials
- packing and loading finished products for transportation
- cleaning work areas, tools and equipment
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation