ANZSCO CODE - 272613
|Major Group||2 - Professionals|
|Sub-Major Group||27 - Legal, Social and Welfare Professionals|
|Minor Group||272 - Social and Welfare Professionals|
|Unit Group||2726 - Welfare, Recreation and Community Arts Workers|
Unit Group 2726: Welfare, Recreation and Community Arts Workers
Welfare, Recreation and Community Arts Workers design and implement strategies and programs to meet community and individual needs and assist individuals, families and groups with social, emotional and financial difficulties to improve quality of life by educating and supporting them and working towards change in their social environment.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- researching and analysing community issues, needs and problems
- developing, evaluating and maintaining community resources and programs
- evaluating data and writing reports such as submissions requesting funding for continuing programs and new projects
- identifying issues of local need, concerns and aspirations through community consultation
- organising local sporting, cultural and recreational events and activities such as community functions, hobby classes, community arts projects and sporting competitions
- providing support while exploring alternatives with clients who experience difficulties such as marital problems, unemployment, illness and drug abuse
- assessing risks and providing intensive short-term crisis counselling for victims of domestic violence, child abuse, disasters and other crises
- assisting to establish and administer neighbourhood houses, community groups, employment training programs and other services
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation