Vehicle Body Builder
ANZSCO CODE - 324211
|Major Group||3 - Technicians and Trades Workers|
|Sub-Major Group||32 - Automotive and Engineering Trades Workers|
|Minor Group||324 - Panelbeaters, and Vehicle Body Builders, Trimmers and Painters|
|Unit Group||3242 - Vehicle Body Builders and Trimmers|
Unit Group 3242: Vehicle Body Builders and Trimmers
Vehicle Body Builders and Trimmers manufacture and repair prototype production units and purpose-built vehicle bodies, and install, repair and replace the interior trim of vehicles.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- constructing framework sections in metal, wood, fibreglass and other materials using shaping machines and cutting and welding equipment
- bolting, screwing, riveting and welding sections together to form complete frameworks
- cutting and shaping panels of sheetmetal, aluminium and reinforced plastic and attaching to frameworks using hand and power tools
- modifying assembly line vehicles to special requirements
- preparing new vehicle trim work according to drawings and sketches, and removing old coverings and fittings from vehicles and taking new measurements
- selecting and cutting pieces of fabric, vinyl and leather and sewing pieces together using heavy-duty sewing machines
- installing internal trim in vehicles such as lining, floor coverings and armrests
- attaching door trims, rubber seals, locks and handles
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation