Unit Group 6394: Ticket Salespersons
Ticket Salespersons sell tickets and make reservations for services such as travel and admission to sporting and entertainment venues, and collect fares on transport vehicles.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- receiving customers’ requests, accepting payments, collecting fares from passengers, and issuing tickets, receipts and change
- answering inquiries about charges, routes, schedules, reservations, coming attractions and fares
- checking service availability and times, and making reservations
- contacting customers to cancel or confirm reservations
- organising displays of service availability, times and other information
- collecting tickets and change from depot clerks
- signalling drivers to stop and proceed
- overseeing passengers’ safety in emergency circumstances, and opening and closing vehicle doors
- assisting passengers to board and alight from vehicles and assisting passengers with baggage
Occupations in this unit group
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation