Senior Cattle and Sheep Farm Worker
ANZSCO CODE - 363212
|Major Group||3 - Technicians and Trades Workers|
|Sub-Major Group||36 - Skilled Animal, Agricultural and Horticultural Workers|
|Minor Group||363 - Primary Production Supervisors and Specialists|
|Unit Group||3632 - Senior Livestock Farm Workers|
Unit Group 3632: Senior Livestock Farm Workers
Senior Livestock Farm Workers perform a variety of skilled tasks in managing and supervising the breeding, feeding, raising and milking of livestock for the production of breeding stock, milk, eggs, meat, wool and hair.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- managing livestock breeding programs and the rearing of young livestock
- identifying livestock health and nutrition problems
- supervising animal health and welfare programs
- establishing and managing pastures and fodder crops for livestock production, and identifying plant health and nutrition problems
- developing and implementing livestock feeding plans
- implementing biosecurity management measures
- managing water supply and irrigation systems
- supervising farming operations such as herding, catching, drenching and milking livestock
- supervising general farming activities such as maintenance and cleaning of livestock housing and other farm infrastructure
- supervising work routines and training farm workers
- supervising, maintaining and operating data collection and analysis and farm technology systems
Occupations in this unit group
- 363211 Leading Hand (Beef Cattle)
- 363211 Overseer (Beef Cattle)
- 363211 Senior Beef Cattle Station Worker
- 363213 Dairy Herd Manager
- 363213 Production Manager (Dairy Cattle) (Skill Level 2)
- 363213 Senior Dairy Cattle Farm Worker
- 363214 Senior Piggery Attendant
- 363214 Senior Piggery Stockperson
- 363215 Senior Sheep Farm Worker
- 363299 Senior Horse Stud Worker
- 363299 Senior Poultry Farm Worker
- 363299 Senior Livestock Farm Workers nec
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation