Office Equipment Technician
ANZSCO CODE - 342311
|Major Group||3 - Technicians and Trades Workers|
|Sub-Major Group||34 - Electrotechnology and Telecommunications Trades Workers|
|Minor Group||342 - Electronics and Telecommunications Trades Workers|
|Unit Group||3423 - Electronics Trades Workers|
Unit Group 3423: Electronics Trades Workers
Electronics Trades Workers maintain, adjust and repair electronic equipment such as business machines, video and audio equipment, and electronic instruments and control systems, and transmit and receive radio messages.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- examining and testing machines, equipment, instruments and control systems to diagnose faults
- adjusting, repairing, and replacing worn and defective parts and wiring, and maintaining machines, equipment and instruments
- reassembling, test operating and adjusting equipment
- advising users of correct operating procedures to prevent malfunctions
- receiving messages by interpreting code and converting to plain language, and writing and typing messages for transmission
- monitoring radio traffic, and transmitting and receiving voice messages
- installing electronic instruments and control systems
- applying knowledge of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic principles in commissioning and maintaining control systems
Occupations in this unit group
- 342312 Operator Specialist Communications (Army)
- 342312 Communications Operator
- 342312 Communications and Information Systems Controller (Air Force)
- 342312 Communication Information Systems Sailor (Navy)
- 342313 Electronic Equipment Trades Worker
- 342313 Audiovisual Technician
- 342313 Fire Alarm Technician
- 342313 Home Theatre Technician
- 342313 Video Technician
- 342313 Security Technician
- 342314 Communication Electronic Technician (Air Force)
- 342314 Instrument and Control Service Person
- 342314 Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (General)
- 342314 Electronic Technician (Navy)
- 342315 Industrial Measurement and Control Technician
- 342315 Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (Special Class)
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation