Occupational Health Physiotherapist
Unit Group 2525: Physiotherapists
Physiotherapists assess, treat and prevent disorders in human movement caused by injury or disease.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- administering muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests to identify and assess physical problems of patients
- designing treatment programs to address patients’ problems
- treating patients to reduce pain, improve circulation, strengthen muscles, improve cardiothoracic, cardiovascular and respiratory functions, restore joint mobility, and improve balance and coordination
- using the therapeutic properties of exercise, heat, cold, massage, manipulation, hydrotherapy, electrotherapy, ultraviolet and infra-red light and ultrasound in the treatment of patients
- reviewing, continually monitoring, assessing and evaluating programs and treatments
- consulting with other Health Professionals as required about patients’ problems, needs and progress
- instructing patients and their families in procedures to be continued at home
- recording treatments given and patients’ responses and progress
- developing and implementing screening and preventative health promotion programs
Occupations in this unit group
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation