ANZSCO CODE - 599512
|Major Group||5 - Clerical and Administrative Workers|
|Sub-Major Group||59 - Other Clerical and Administrative Workers|
|Minor Group||599 - Miscellaneous Clerical and Administrative Workers|
|Unit Group||5995 - Inspectors and Regulatory Officers|
Unit Group 5995: Inspectors and Regulatory Officers
Inspectors and Regulatory Officers administer and enforce government and corporate regulations and standards.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- searching aircraft, vehicles, premises and people, and checking documents and goods to detect illegal activities such as undocumented cargo, prohibited goods and illegal aliens
- examining and assessing visas and residency applications
- testing applicants’ ability to operate a motor vehicle, assessing applicants’ suitability to hold learner’s permits and probationary licences, and issuing learner’s permits and probationary licences
- identifying invasive pests and diseases, and determining treatments and management actions
- assessing claims for government benefits
- carrying out random checks of taxation documents to detect non-compliance with taxation legislation
- conducting visual checks of the mechanical, structural, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems of railway wagons, carriages and locomotives for condition and correct classification
- ensuring that train, tram and bus services are provided according to schedule, monitoring the cleanliness, presentation and condition of vehicles, and recommending improvements and changes to services
- receiving and assessing applications for licences to use water, investigating the ability of water resources to meet new requirements, and conducting site inspections
Occupations in this unit group
- 599511 Customs Inspector
- 599511 Customs Investigator
- 599511 Customs Officer
- 599513 Motor Vehicle Licence Examiner
- 599514 Biosecurity Officer (Weeds and Pests)
- 599514 Noxious Weeds and Pest Inspector
- 599514 Invasive Pest, Weed and Disease Inspector
- 599515 Social Security Assessor
- 599516 Taxation Inspector
- 599517 Train Examiner
- 599517 Locomotive Inspector
- 599518 Transport Operations Inspector
- 599518 Tram Inspector
- 599518 Bus Inspector
- 599521 Stream Control Officer
- 599521 Boring Inspector
- 599521 Water Inspector
- 599599 Weights and Measures Inspector
- 599599 Assessment and Compliance Officer
- 599599 Trade Mark Examiner
- 599599 Animal Management Officer
- 599599 Inspectors and Regulatory Officers nec
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation