ICT Developer Jobs in Australia
ANZSCO CODE - 261312
|2 - Professionals
|26 - ICT Professionals
|261 - Business and Systems Analysts, and Programmers
|2613 - Software and Applications Programmers
Unit Group 2613: Software and Applications Programmers
Software and Applications Programmers design, develop, test, maintain and document program code in accordance with user requirements, and system and technical specifications.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- researching, consulting, analysing and evaluating system program needs
- identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods
- testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in an applications programming language within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications including technical security controls perform to specification
- writing and maintaining program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards
- writing, updating and maintaining technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures
- providing advice, guidance and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software design activities such as financial evaluation and costings for recommending software purchases and upgrades
- managing testing and automation of software and application deployments
- collecting and analysing operational metrics
- developing continuous improvement and continuous delivery strategies across system design and software development
- the creation and development of the tools required to support software and its management and security
- performing forensic analysis to identify anomalies or threats
- encryption and decryption
identification and mitigation of risks that may affect the performance and security throughout the lifecycle of the product.
Occupations in this unit group
- 261311 Analyst Programmer
- 261311 Programmer Analyst
- 261313 Computer Applications Engineer
- 261313 Software Designer
- 261313 Systems Architect
- 261313 Software Architect
- 261313 Software Engineer
- 261313 Database Designer
- 261314 Software Tester
- 261315 Information Security Engineer
- 261315 Cyber Security Engineer
- 261315 ICT Security Engineer
- 261316 DevOps Engineer
- 261316 Continuous Integration Engineer
- 261316 Cloud Computing Engineer
- 261317 Penetration Tester
- 261317 Ethical Hacker
- 261317 White Hat
- 261317 ICT Vulnerability Tester
- 261399 Software and Applications Programmers nec
- 261399 No occupations have currently been identified for this residual category.
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation