Ferry Hand Jobs in Australia
Unit Group 8992: Deck and Fishing Hands
Deck and Fishing Hands maintain ships’ equipment and structures, and catch fish, crustacea and molluscs.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- handling ropes and wires, and operating mooring equipment when berthing and unberthing
- standing lookout watches at sea and adjusting the ship’s course as directed
- assisting with cargo operations using on-board equipment and stowing and securing cargo
- patrolling ships to ensure safety of the vessel, cargo and passengers
- performing routine maintenance and checks on deck equipment, cargo gear, rigging, and lifesaving and firefighting appliances
- attaching gear and fastening towing cables to nets
- casting and lowering nets, pots, lines and traps into water
- preparing lines, attaching running gear and bait, and setting lines into position
- hauling in fishing gear and removing fish and other marine life
- sorting, cleaning, preserving, stowing and refrigerating catch
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation