Director of Photography
ANZSCO CODE - 212313
|Major Group||2 - Professionals|
|Sub-Major Group||21 - Arts and Media Professionals|
|Minor Group||212 - Media Professionals|
|Unit Group||2123 - Film, Television, Radio and Stage Directors|
Unit Group 2123: Film, Television, Radio and Stage Directors
Film, Television, Radio and Stage Directors direct the artistic and production aspects of film, television, radio and stage productions.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. Some occupations in this unit group require high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- studying scripts and scenarios to determine theme and setting
- assessing locations and staging requirements for productions in association with specialist designers
- overseeing creative aspects of film, television, radio and stage productions
- determining lighting, film, shutter angles, filter factors, camera distance, depth of field and focus, angles of view and other variables to achieve desired mood and effect
- viewing film and video tape to evaluate and select scenes and determine which scenes need to be re-shot
- planning and organising the preparation and presentation of programs
- supervising the positioning of scenery, props and lighting and sound equipment
- assessing technical requirements of productions by studying scripts and discussing program content, set locations and stage directions with production team
- creating, planning, writing scripts for, recording, videotaping and editing programs
Occupations in this unit group
- 212311 Production Designer
- 212311 Art Director (Film, Television or Stage)
- 212312 Director (Film, Television, Radio or Stage)
- 212314 Film and Video Editor
- 212315 Program Director (Television or Radio)
- 212316 Stage Manager
- 212317 Technical Producer
- 212317 Technical Director
- 212318 Video Producer
- 212399 Audio Director
- 212399 Casting Director
- 212399 Lighting Director
- 212399 Location Manager (Film or Television)
- 212399 Film, Television, Radio and Stage Directors nec
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation