Cashier Jobs in Australia
Unit Group 6311: Checkout Operators and Office Cashiers
Checkout Operators and Office Cashiers operate cash registers and receive payments from customers, and issue receipts and return change due.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- scanning, weighing and recording prices of goods
- receiving and processing payments for goods and services by cash, cheques, gift vouchers, credit and debit cards and other payment types
- issuing sales dockets and giving change
- maintaining supplies of change, wrapping and other materials used at checkout
- counting and recording money received and balancing against register sales records, and preparing money for deposit in financial institutions
- recording and balancing petty cash disbursements
- operating a computer terminal to administer the store’s financial transaction system
- cashing authorised cheques
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation