Automotive Electrical Fitter
Unit Group 3211: Automotive Electricians
Automotive Electricians install, maintain and repair electrical wiring and electronic components in motor vehicles.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- using test equipment to locate electrical and electronic malfunctions
- dismantling and removing electrical and electronic assemblies and components
- installing electrical equipment and electronic components in motor vehicles
- connecting power-operated vehicle equipment and accessories to power supply
- adjusting engine control systems and timing
- testing and replacing defective alternators, generators, voltage regulators and starter motors
- repairing and replacing faulty ignition and electrical wiring
- replacing defective parts such as fuses, lamps and switches
Occupations in this unit group
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation