Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- dismantling, inspecting, testing, repairing and reassembling aircraft engines, ancillary motors and engine accessories, electrical systems, and subassemblies of aircraft frames
- installing electrical circuits and equipment
- testing aircraft communication equipment, aircraft instrumentation and electronic systems using electronic testing equipment and specialised test apparatus
- replacing and testing aircraft oxygen system components
- assembling parts and subassemblies of aircraft frames
- conducting routine pre-flight inspections of engines, aircraft frames and mechanical systems
- maintaining records of action taken
- may manufacture aircraft electrical, instrument and radio hardware components
Occupations in this unit group
- 323111 Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Electrical)
- 323111 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Instruments)
- 323111 Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Instruments)
- 323111 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Electrical)
- 323111 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics)
- 323111 Avionics Technician (Defence)
- 323111 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Radio)
- 323111 Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Radio)
- 323112 Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Airframes)
- 323112 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Engines)
- 323112 Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Engines)
- 323112 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Airframes)
- 323112 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical)
- 323112 Aviation Technician Aircraft (Navy)
- 323112 Aircraft Technician (Air Force, Army)
- 323113 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Structures)
- 323113 Aircraft Structural Fitter (Air Force, Army)
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation