Actuary Jobs in Australia
ANZSCO CODE - 224111
|2 - Professionals
|22 - Business, Human Resource and Marketing Professionals
|224 - Information and Organisation Professionals
|2241 - Mathematical Science Professionals
Unit Group 2241: Mathematical Science Professionals
Mathematical Science Professionals develop and apply actuarial, mathematical, statistical and quantitative principles and techniques to solve problems in a range of fields such as business and finance, scientific and social research, and engineering. Econometricians are excluded from this unit group.
Econometricians are included in Unit Group 2243 Economists.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- defining, analysing and solving complex financial and business problems relating to areas such as insurance premiums, annuities, superannuation funds, pensions and dividends
- examining financial projections for general insurance companies, finance companies, government and other organisations
- designing new types of policies, assessing risks and analysing investments in life insurance, superannuation funds, health insurance, friendly societies, financial markets and other areas
- formulating mathematical models to simulate processes
- applying models to experimental observations, and adjusting and recasting the models
- using numerical analysis methods to develop algorithms and perform computations
- liaising with management and clients to determine the subject or area to be surveyed or examined
- specifying the data to be collected, and the methodology to be used in collection and analysis
- evaluating and describing the reliability and utility of source information
- analysing and interpreting data, and producing relevant statistics to describe and infer particular trends and patterns
- data mining and data cleansing to discover trends to extract insight
building and deploying machine learning frameworks
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation