ANZSCO ID 323316 - Watch and Clock Maker and Repairer
Makes, repairs, cleans and adjusts watches and clocks.
Group 32 Automotive and Engineering Trades Workers
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults in motor vehicles and aircraft
- dismantling engines and electrical systems, and removing damaged panels and interior trim
- repairing and replacing worn and defective parts
- painting repaired vehicle surfaces
- constructing, modifying, painting and upholstering prototype and specialised vehicle bodies
- marking and cutting out metal stock
- shaping stock using hand and machine tools
- shaping metal in moulds
- joining stock and components by welding, soldering, brazing, riveting, bolting, screwing and gluing
- fitting and testing components, and applying protective and decorative finishes to metal products