ANZSCO ID 252215 - Traditional Maori Health Practitioner
Diagnoses, assesses and treats patients in accordance with Tikanga Maori (Maori culture and custom) and with the participation of whanau (family).
Group 25 Health Professionals
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- examining patients to establish the nature of their complaint and performing or ordering diagnostic procedures
- selecting and administering appropriate treatment, medication and therapy
- prescribing prosthetic and corrective devices
- providing remedial therapy, rehabilitation and nursing care
- advising on individual, community and population health measures and health promotion, and safe working environments