ANZSCO ID 639411 - Reservations Clerk
Sells tickets and makes reservations for services such as travel and admission to sporting and entertainment venues. May work in a call centre.
Group 63 Sales Support Workers
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3); or
AQF Certificate II or III, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4); or
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3); or
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4); or
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. In the case of some Skill Level 5 occupations, a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification, or no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- receiving payments from customers for goods and services purchased by a variety of payment methods
- counting and recording money received and balancing against register sales records, and preparing money for deposit in financial institutions
- promoting the organisation's goods and services by telephoning customers, and demonstrating goods to customers
- modelling merchandise and posing for art
- buying goods for resale and negotiating purchase, promotion and supply arrangements with suppliers
- setting up displays of products within stores and shopping centres