ANZSCO ID 542114 - Medical Receptionist
Greets patients and other clients in a health facility, such as a clinic, practice, centre or surgery, and responds to personal, telephone and written inquiries and requests.
Group 54 Inquiry Clerks and Receptionists
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3); or
AQF Certificate II or III, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3); or
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- answering customer inquiries for information about the organisation and the goods and services it offers
- resolving customer complaints and problems with goods and services provided
- recording information about inquiries and complaints
- greeting and welcoming visitors, and directing them to the appropriate person
- arranging and recording details of appointments
- answering, connecting and transferring telephone calls