ANZSCO ID 233914 - Engineering Technologist
Analyses and modifies new and existing engineering technologies and applies them in the testing and implementation of engineering projects. Registration or licensing may be required.
Group 23 Design, Engineering, Science and Transport Professionals
DESIGN, ENGINEERING, SCIENCE AND TRANSPORT PROFESSIONALS fly and ensure the safe operation of aircraft, control and manage the operation of ships, boats and marine equipment, design buildings, landscapes and products for manufacture and visual communication, design, plan and organise the testing, construction and maintenance of structures, machines, production systems and plants, and perform analytical, conceptual and practical tasks in relation to the chemical and physical properties of the universe, living organisms, and the environment.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- - flying aircraft, and ensuring the safe and efficient operation of aircraft in flight and on the ground
- - controlling and directing the operation of ships, boats and marine equipment to ensure the safe and efficient loading and transport of cargo and passengers
- - designing products including furniture, textiles and maps, and physical structures and engineering systems
- - conducting research and practical tests to resolve design and operational problems
- - interpreting and analysing data from engineering and scientific experiments and tests
- - conducting experiments and tests to determine the chemical composition and reactive properties of natural substances and processed materials
- - analysing and describing living organisms and their interaction with their environment
- - advising on the use of natural resources, and discussing and making recommendations to individuals and groups about variables affecting land use