ANZSCO ID 254311 - Charge Nurse
Manages a health service unit or sub-unit of a hospital, aged care or community health care facility, supervises nursing staff and financial resources to enable the provision of safe, cost effective nursing care within a specified field or for a particular unit, and monitors quality, clinical standards and professional development of nurses. Registration or licensing is required.
Group 25 Health Professionals
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- examining patients to establish the nature of their complaint and performing or ordering diagnostic procedures
- selecting and administering appropriate treatment, medication and therapy
- prescribing prosthetic and corrective devices
- providing remedial therapy, rehabilitation and nursing care
- advising on individual, community and population health measures and health promotion, and safe working environments