What this visa offers
To be eligible for the Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173), you must meet the following requirements:
- Be sponsored by an eligible child who is a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
- Meet the balance-of-family test
- Meet all visa conditions and follow Australian law
- Not have already applied for or hold a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 870) when applying for this visa
- Meet the health and character requirements
- Have paid back your debt to the Australian government
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused while in Australia
- Sign the Australian Values Statement
Check your eligibility and apply for the Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173) with the help of our expert migration consultants. Simplify the process, meet the requirements, and benefit from our services, expertise, guidance, experience, and ongoing support.
You must be sponsored for this visa by an eligible child who is a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. If your child is under 18, you can be sponsored by an eligible relative or community organisation, and the sponsorship must be approved by the Department of Home Affairs.
You must meet the balance-of-family test. You meet the balance-of-family test if:
- At least half of your children and step-children are eligible children, or
- There are more eligible children living in Australia than any other single country
See examples of how the balance-of-family test is applied.
Health and Character Requirements
You and any family members who apply for the visa with you must meet the health and character requirements. We might also ask that other non-migrating family members meet the requirement.
What our customers say
Let’s hear their great stories
Jan 03, 2023
Professional and helped me get my visa to Australia
Dec 22, 2022
Thanks for your great support with my student visa application!
Feb 17, 2023
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation