What this visa offers
To be eligible for the Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) – Significant Investor stream, you must meet the following requirements:
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and be invited to apply.
- Be nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or Austrade before being invited to apply for this visa.
- Be able to invest at least AUD5 million in complying with significant investments when invited to apply for the visa. The investments must be made in venture capital and growth private equity funds, approved managed funds, and managed funds.
- Not have a history of involvement in business or investment activities that are of a nature that is not generally acceptable in Australia.
- Have functional English language.
- Meet our health and character requirements.
- Sign the Australian values statement.
- Have no outstanding debts owed to the Australian government.
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused in Australia.
Complying Significant Investments
If you were invited to apply on or after 1 July 2021, you must make (on or after the time of application for this visa), a complying significant investment of at least AUD5 million when Australian Department of Home Affairs invite you to, and have a genuine intention to hold that investment for the life of your provisional visa. It must be invested in the following proportions:
- At least AUD1 million in venture capital and growth private equity funds which invest in start-ups and small private companies.
- At least AUD1.5 million in approved managed funds. The managed funds must invest in emerging companies listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.
- A ‘balancing investment’ of at least AUD2.5 million in managed funds. The managed funds can invest in a range of assets, including companies listed on the Australian stock exchange, Australian corporate bonds or notes, annuities, and commercial real estate.
Direct investment in residential real estate is prohibited. Indirect investment in residential property through managed funds is strictly limited. You must not use investments as security or collateral for a loan.
For more information about complying significant investments, see the Complying Investment Framework information sheet, and for the 1 July 2021 changes see Business Innovation and Investment Program: Getting a better deal for Australia.
Check your eligibility and apply for a Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) with the help of our expert migration consultants. Simplify the process, and benefit from our services, expertise, guidance, experience, and ongoing support.
What our customers say
Let’s hear their great stories
Jan 03, 2023
Professional and helped me get my visa to Australia
Dec 22, 2022
Thanks for your great support with my student visa application!
Feb 17, 2023
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation