Window Tinter (Building)
Unit Group 8214: Insulation and Home Improvement Installers
Insulation and Home Improvement Installers install a variety of insulation materials to improve resistance to heat, cold, air, sound and moisture, and install functional and decorative home improvements.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- examining plans, specifications and work sites to determine the type and quality of installations required and their location
- preparing site for insulation and installation of fittings by nailing up furring, drilling holes for screws and bolts, and erecting scaffolding and ladders
- gluing blocks and slabs of foamed plastic and cork to walls
- operating equipment to blow and spray mineral wool, fibre fill and foam insulation material into cavities
- cutting insulation material to size and shape, and nailing and stapling batt-type insulation to joists, studs and furring
- measuring, cutting and applying solar control film to windows
- fitting awnings, security screens, shower screens, prefabricated windows and doors, exterior cladding and other home improvements using hand tools
- drilling holes in wood, brick, stone and fibrous structures, and bolting, screwing and nailing fittings into place
- attaching and adjusting mechanical fittings such as cranks, locks and pull-cords
- installing flashing and waterproofing to fittings such as shower screens and prefabricated windows and doors
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation