Upholstery Cleaner Jobs in Australia
Unit Group 8116: Other Cleaners
Other Cleaners clean surfaces, materials and objects, such as carpets, windows, walls, swimming pools and cooling towers, using specialised cleaning equipment and chemicals.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
The occupation Carpet Cleaner in this unit group has a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- cleaning carpets and upholstered furniture using cleaning machines and their attachments
- selecting and applying cleaning agents to remove stains from carpets, windows and surfaces
- filling carpet cleaning machines with water and other cleaning agents
- using ladders, swinging scaffolds, bosun’s chairs, hydraulic bucket trucks and other equipment to reach and clean windows in multi-storey buildings
- pushing pile-lifting machines over carpets and brushing pile to raise and fluff nap
- treating carpets with soil-repellent chemicals and deodorants, and treating for pests
- cleaning stone walls, metal surfaces, fascia’s and window frames using high pressure water cleaners and solvents
- applying chemicals and high pressure cleaning methods to remove micro-organisms from water and filtration systems, and using wet vacuums and other suction equipment to remove scale, accumulated dirt and other deposits from swimming pools, cooling tower components and drains
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation