Tea Plantation Worker
Unit Group 8422: Crop Farm Workers
Crop Farm Workers perform routine tasks in producing crops such as cereals, cotton, fruit (including wine grapes), grains, nuts, oilseeds, pulses, sugar cane, rice, vegetables and mushrooms.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
The occupations Cotton Farm Worker; Grain, Oilseed, Pulse and Pasture Farm Worker; Sugar Cane Farm Worker and Vineyard Worker have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- patrolling, inspecting and reporting on the condition of crops
- planting trees, seeds, seedlings, roots, bulbs, tubers, vines and other plants using hand tools and farm machines
- undertaking soil preparation, cultivation and plant and crop maintenance duties such as thinning, weeding and hoeing row crops, and pruning and thinning trees and vines
- spraying trees, vines and other plants with pesticides to control weed growth, insects, fungus growth and diseases
- operating water and irrigation systems for crop growth
- erecting growing supports such as trellises, and protective structures such as greenhouses, netting and fences
- selecting and picking fruit, nuts, grains, vegetables and mushrooms according to set requirements, and discarding rotting and overripened produce
- grading, siloing, baling, sorting, bunching and packing produce and loading it into transporters
- maintaining and cleaning farming infrastructure and equipment such as sheds, fences, plant, and water supply and irrigation systems
- operating and maintaining general farm machinery and machinery to cultivate, fertilise, spray and harvest horticultural produce
- operating data collection and farm technology systems
Occupations in this unit group
- 842211 Cotton Farm Worker
- 842212 Orchard Worker (Fruit)
- 842212 Fruit Farm Worker
- 842213 Fruit Picker
- 842214 Grain, Oilseed, Pulse and Pasture Farm Worker (Aus) / Field Farm Worker (NZ)
- 842215 Mushroom Picker
- 842216 Nut Farm Worker
- 842217 Sugar Cane Farm Worker
- 842218 Vegetable Farm Worker (Aus) / Market Garden Worker (NZ)
- 842221 Vegetable Picker
- 842222 Vineyard Worker
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation