Sports Medicine Masseur
Unit Group 4116: Massage Therapists
Massage Therapists perform therapeutic massage and administer body treatments for health, fitness and remedial purposes.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- massaging the soft tissues of the body, such as muscles, tendons and ligaments, to assist healing
- utilising a range of massage techniques to enhance sports performance and prevent injury
- administering treatments to promote relaxation, improve circulation and relieve muscle tension
- assessing and treating specific soft tissue dysfunction and providing rehabilitation advice
- employing other techniques, such as acupressure or Shiatsu, and complementary aids, such as infra-red lamps, wet compresses, ice, essential oils and herbal and mineral therapies, to assist recovery
- assessing client’s physical condition and case history and advising on stretching exercises and relaxation techniques
Occupations in this unit group
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation